About Hampshire Power Corporation
Hampshire Power Corporation is a comprehensive energy solution provider focused on transitioning the commercial and industrial sector to a carbon free future. Hampshire Power’s core services include Retail Electricity Supply, Community Shared Solar Administration, and Energy Attribute Services.
Hampshire Power is seeking a Business Development Manager of Energy Attributes Services focused on partnership development to generate maximum RECs, MA AECs, and other target attributes. The position is ideal for an experienced b2b sales or business development manager who has strong customer/channel partner relationships. You need to bring knowledge of the energy attribute marketplace or have strong ties with critical partner networks and be excited to grow with a company that values creativity, cooperation, and teamwork. You should be an entrepreneur at heart, hungry to do good, expand your relationships, make goals, crush them, and have fun doing it.
General Job Description
The BDM is responsible for all EAS growth activity including business development, partnership development, deal execution, strategy, priorities, and results. You will have broad responsibility to coordinate business development efforts to maximize EAS growth. The BDM will coordinate strategy and execution with other members of senior leadership including the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, and reports to the Dir. of Operations. Amazing communication, creativity, strategic thinking, knowledge, and a positive attitude are all musts.
- Build and expand the business development effort to engage building consultants and trades into channel partnerships for project generation of MA APS – AECs and RECs
- Lead new market initiatives and expand EAS’s reach into new markets
- Increase gross profit, capacity under management, customer count, installer partnerships and retention rates
- Pro-active outreach to our customers and installer partners regarding market updates and product offerings
- Work with Legal to ensure contracts and compliance needs are being met at the highest standard
- Manage, train and mentor junior staff to support business development
- Support new technology solutions to better serve our partners and customers
- Assist with various business development initiatives as they relate to the transaction of complex market products, the trading of new commodity classes, and the development of new financial products for Hampshire Power clients
- Collaborate with the management of marketing, advertising, and promotion effectiveness: Expenditures on marketing and advertising activities must generate revenue and be analyzed and refined to isolate the activities generate the greatest ROI
- Collaborate with operations and account management to ensure that customer satisfaction and service is incorporated into sales processes to continue to improve product delivery and Company reputation
- 7+ years of business development experience; with strong external, executive level engagement and demonstrated success.
- Extensive knowledge of energy sector, including energy attributes, green buildings, HVAC, and heat pumps.
- Excellent communication skills. Like, really good.
- Experience managing and coaching business development and sales teams into rockstars.
- Experience originating new partnerships with channel partners, installers, developers, system owners or investors.
- Existing and warm relationships with other business trades/installers and REC generators preferred.
- Ability to communicate and understand trading or aggregation strategies to an investment committee and risk groups.
- Remote friendly work environment
- Untracked and unlimited vacation
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Hampshire Power is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org