ABOUT HAMPSHIRE POWER CORPORATION
Hampshire Power, a Massachusetts based Corporation, is an innovative and integrated energy solutions
provider creating savings and income for commercial and industrial businesses. We simplify the energy
landscape to one that respects our customers time and bottom line. We integrate Community Shared
Solar, Retail Electricity Supply, RECs and DER development to maximize consumer savings and minimize
Hampshire Power is seeking a Channel Partner and Broker Manager focused on partnership
development to achieve growth goals for the Community Energy (CE) and Retail Electricity Supply
services across multiple markets. The position is ideal for an experienced b2b sales or business
development manager who has strong broker/channel partner relationships. You need to bring
knowledge of the community energy and retail supply programs or have strong ties with critical partner
networks and be excited to grow with a company that values creativity, cooperation, and teamwork.
You should be an entrepreneur at heart, hungry to do good, expand your relationships, make goals,
crush them, and have fun doing it.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Channel Partner and Broker Manager is responsible for all CE and retail supply third party growth
activity including business development, partnership development, deal execution, strategy, priorities,
and results. You will have broad responsibility to coordinate business development efforts to maximize
growth. The Channel Partner and Broker Manager will coordinate strategy and execution with other
members of senior leadership including the CEO, Dir. of Operations, CFO, and others. Strong
communication skills, creativity and strategic thinking, industry knowledge, and a positive attitude are
all required to be successful in this position.
- Build and expand the channel partnerships in CE programs such as Community Shared Solar in
MA, RI, ME, NY, NJ, and other markets across multiple end customer types including residential,
commercial, industrial, municipal, and nonprofit.
- Build and expand retail electric supply broker partnerships in MA with commercial, industrial,
public, and nonprofit customers.
- Be mindful of the Company’s gross profit customer count, channel partnership goals.
- Communicate weekly with channel partners regarding market updates and product offerings
- Work with management to ensure customer contracts and customer service needs are being
met at the highest level.
- Assist operations with managing channel broker commission schedules.
- Collaborate with the management on marketing, advertising, and promotion effectiveness.
Expenditures on marketing and advertising activities must generate revenue and be analyzed
and refined to isolate the activities that generate the greatest ROI
- Collaborate with operations and account management to ensure that customer satisfaction and
service is incorporated into the sales processes and champion new ways to improve product
delivery and the Company’s brand in the marketplace.
- 5+ years of channel partnership experience with strong external engagement and demonstrated
- Extensive knowledge of energy sector, including solar, retail power, and other distribute energy
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience originating new partnerships with channel partners and brokers.
- Existing and warm relationships with other energy broker businesses and community
engagement teams preferred.
- Remote friendly work environment
- Untracked and unlimited vacation
- Competitive salary + commission + bonus based on qualifications
- Health and dental plan
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Hampshire Power is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of
protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military
service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified
Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment
in the United States.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, two references, and salary requirements.