Accounts Payable Clerk
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampshire Power, B-Corp
Hampshire Power is a comprehensive renewable energy power company serving municipal, commercial and residential customers with a wide array of energy related products and services to move our community towards a greener and sustainable future. Hampshire Power’s core services include Retail Electricity, Community Shared Solar administration, and Energy Credit Brokerage.
General Job Description
The Accounts Payable Clerk position performs routine bookkeeping for Hampshire Power Corporation.
The position requires understanding basic accounting concepts and the ability to work with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Bill.com, with responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. In addition, this position coordinates the quarterly energy brokerage data review, vendor reporting, and payment scheduling. A successful employee in this role combines excellent analytical skills, with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, and accurate, detailed oriented to complete all tasks in a timely manner. This position works under the direct supervision of the CEO.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results;
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status;
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending;
- Provide technical support and advice on accounting issues;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures;
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process;
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule;
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns;
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance;
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles;
- Liaise with CFO, CEO and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field;
- Three to five years of private sector accounting experience minimum;
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel;
- Experience with QuickBooks and Bill.com is preferred;
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in renewable energy technology preferred.
Required Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Communicates skillfully with vendors, customers and staff, both orally and in writing;
- Maintains harmonious working relationships with customers and staff;
- Learns quickly and thinks critically to solve problems;
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while staying organized;
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail;
- Follows through on tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Flexible and positive, takes initiative, and demonstrates good judgement;
- A thorough knowledge of general accounting practices.
- depending on experience.
Posted: January 2020
Hampshire Power: Sustainability Internship
Hampshire Power is now accepting applications for a summer intern to join our team and assist in the outreach and marketing of our Sustainability and Energy Credit Aggregation programs.
- Educate individuals and businesses on the financial value of joining our AEC aggregation;
- Register renewable energy systems with the Department of Energy Resources (DOER);
- Create and utilize marketing materials and social media in support of outreach efforts to find and engage installers and owners of alternative heating system;
- Assist in streamlining our documentation and reporting;
- Research best practices in marketing of renewable energy systems;
- Document instructions to help future intern workflows.
- Must be an applicant through the Mass CEC Internship program
- Interest in renewable energy markets and marketing outreach campaigns;
- Skilled in Excel and competent in other Microsoft Office tools – Word and PowerPoint;
- Two years of customer service experience.
Desired Skills and Education
- Degree candidate of Bachelor’s or Master’s in Business, Marketing/Communications, or Energy program;
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend new software programs;
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff and customers, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to remain focused on detail-oriented data;
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new situations.
Internship details: part-time, paid internship. Reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Dates: May 16 – August 31, 2020
Please submit applications to Marin Goldstein, Director of Operations: email@example.com
About Hampshire Power
Hampshire Power supports communities by empowering local, sustainable and efficient economies. We help cities and towns, schools, nonprofits and businesses get the most value for their energy needs. Hampshire Power provides electricity supply, focused on 100% green electricity, and looks to combine power needs with net metering of community shared solar projects and other renewable energy generators. The company also works with energy system owners aggregate their Renewable Energy Certificates to monetize the environmental attributes to improve the financial returns on their investment.