Business Development and Sales MANAGER
Hampshire Power, B-Corp
Hampshire Power is a comprehensive renewable energy company serving primarily commercial and industrial customers with a wide array of energy related products and services. Hampshire Power’s core services include Retail Electricity, Community Shared Solar Sales and Administration, and Energy Credit Brokerage.
General Job Description
As the Business Development and Sales Manager for Hampshire Power you will be responsible for our growth in Massachusetts, and eventually across New England, generating new business of our comprehensive suite of renewable energy products and services. The role is ideally suited for an entrepreneurial sales professional who wants to lead the business development efforts of a dynamic startup. This position works under the direct supervision of the President and CEO.
- Work with the senior leadership team to create a go-to-market strategy and sales plan for specific markets in New England and be accountable for its execution.
- Increase the company’s visibility in the region, positioning Hampshire Power as a leading renewable energy solutions firm. Identify opportunities to position Hampshire and yourself as thought leaders in the space.
- Actively manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to contract negotiation.
- Establish relationships with key channel partners and other targeted industry collaborators.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to build out a sales team that will report to you.
- Establish a customer base and build the sales funnel. Continuously feed the funnel through on-going business development activities and by leveraging contacts to source new leads.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at the appropriate decision-making level to enhance client retention, enable cross selling and upselling and create new sales opportunities through referrals and references.
- Establish resilient business development and sales tools that can withstand prolonged periods of disruption.
- Use PipeDrive to capture client knowledge, managed other sales professionals, build our market intelligence and report on sales plan progress.
- Produce error-free reports and present results to senior leadership.
- Spot and offer ways to improve efficiency and messaging.
- Develop and collaborate on collateral marketing materials.
Experience and Attributes
- Minimum five years of business sales management experience with direct reports and management responsibilities.
- Initiative: proactive and highly motivated to succeed.
- Integrity: strong work ethic, moral compass and personal character.
- Independent yet collaborative: drive and self-discipline to work independently, but also excels in a dynamic team environment.
- Organized and analytical: able to manage complex sales across multiple sectors and business lines.
- Self-aware: active listener, able to adapt communication style to the audience. Able to cope with stress and disappointment and rebound quickly.
- Accessible: easily creates new contacts and builds relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written, in person and remote. Knows how to use remote technology and is comfortable on screen.
Required Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Experience developing territories for a growing, new company.
- Experience in identifying opportunities and developing creative value propositions.
- A proven track record as a sales executive or business development manager, who has targeted, pursued and won a sizeable portfolio of key customers.
- Successfully cultivated relationships with several client organizations, especially with C-level executives or ownership.
- Experience in the field of energy, renewables, or construction.
- Experience selling in the Commercial and Industrial sector and experience with building management companies, REITS, and other real estate ownership groups.
- Knowledge of financial analysis methods for capital investment projects (preferred).
- Network of contacts that can be utilized for driving new business development (preferred).
- CRM (Pipedrive) experience.
- Learns quickly and thinks critically to solve problems.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while staying organized
- Excellent time-management skills with strong self-motivation and ability to work remotely.
- Follows through on tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and positive, takes initiative, and demonstrates good judgement.
You will be required to sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreements in a form or forms determined by Hampshire Power.
Hampshire Power offers health and dental insurance, three weeks paid vacation, and remote work options.