This position is accepting applicants working remotely. Physical attendance is not a requirement for this opportunity.
General Job Description
Hampshire Power, a Massachusetts based Benefit Corporation, is an innovative and integrated energy solutions provider creating savings and income for commercial and industrial businesses. We simplify the energy landscape to one that respects our customers time and bottom line.
The Account Executive Retail Power position is the tip of the sales spear for Hampshire Power’s full suite of energy solutions. The position will be selling Retail Electricity Supply to small and mid-size commercial clients in Massachusetts. The position requires a comfort with digital sales, remote work, and strong prospecting experience. The position must have an understanding and ability to work with Microsoft Office and online CRMs along with prospecting software tools. A successful employee in this role combines excellent consultative sales skills, with a thorough knowledge of the programs and technologies involved, and detailed oriented reporting to complete all tasks in a timely manner.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales.
Salary: $60,000-70,000/year + Commissions + Bonus + Profit Share
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Three Weeks PTO
- Multiple and Substantial Commission Opportunities per Deal
- Performance-Based Bonus
- Sales calls to generate leads and close sales from Commercial and Industrial property owners and managers for retail electricity supply.
- Track all production of sales leads through the use of online CRM
- Produce error-free reports using online CRM and present results for weekly meetings
- Spot and offer ways to improve efficiency, proposal development, and messaging
- Develop and collaborate on collateral marketing materials for Hampshire Power products
- Liaise with management to improve promotion, engagement, and successful results through signed contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of private sector business sales experience, preferably in the energy segment.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and knowledge of online CRMs
- Highly skilled in the digital landscape, including virtual meetings, prospecting software, solar development analysis, and online sales platforms and proposal development systems
- Knowledge of and interest in renewable energy preferred
- Communicates very skillfully with customers from C-Suite to ownership and gatekeepers
- Maintains harmonious working relationships with customers and staff
- Learns quickly and thinks critically to solve problems
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while staying organized
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Follows through on tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- Flexible, positive, takes initiative and demonstrates good judgment
- Electricity Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Office: 1 year (Required)
- Inside Sales: 3 years (Required)