About Hampshire Power Corporation
Hampshire Power Corporation is an innovative and integrated energy solutions provider creating savings and income for commercial and industrial businesses. We simplify the energy landscape to one that respects our customers’ time and bottom line. We integrate Community Shared Solar (CSS), Retail Electricity Supply, and Renewable Energy Credit (RECs) businesses to maximize consumer savings and minimize carbon footprint.
Hampshire Power is seeking a Staff Accountant focused on managing the day-to-day accounting records using QuickBooks and several retail energy and community shared solar specific customer software applications. The Staff Accountant will work closely with senior management and participate in helping establish and support the long-term strategic direction of Hampshire Power’s rapidly growing CSS and Retail Electricity Supply services across multiple markets. The position is ideal for an experienced staff accountant looking to work directly with senior management and become an expert in the CSS and/or retail electricity supply businesses. You must be excited to grow with a company that values creativity, cooperation, and teamwork. You should be an entrepreneur at heart, hungry to do good, expand your relationships, make goals, crush them, and have fun doing it.
General Job Description
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager and the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for administering and overseeing the accounting books of the Company. The Staff Accountant should be prepared to work with other senior leadership including the CEO, Director of Operations, Sales Managers, and others. Strong communication skills, creativity, strategic thinking, aptitude to quickly learn a new industry, and a positive attitude are all required to be successful in this position.
Salary: Compensation to be determined and commensurate with experience
Hybrid work environment
- 3-Weeks PTO
- Competitive salary + bonus commensurate with performance
- Health and dental plan
- Matching 401(k) eligibility beginning 6 months after start date
- Paid parental leave
- Product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Maintain the company’s General Ledger and reporting in QuickBooks for multiple, affiliated, companies.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Assist with company internal and external audits
- Assist with tax related projects including year-end audits and tax returns
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare and assist in the development of new and existing daily, weekly, and monthly reports in the above described functional areas.
- Update and maintain schedules of debt payment for various financial institutions
- Daily reconciliation of the Company’s Bank balances and cash flow reports and maintain short-term working cash flow projections.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Adept on finding errors and suggesting ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Establish, maintain, and improve filing and organizational structures.
- Collaborate with operations and account management to ensure that customer satisfaction and service is incorporated into the sales processes and champion new ways to improve product delivery and the Company’s brand in the marketplace.
- Handle the treasury department of the company, which includes coordination with financial institutions, setting up wire transfers and preparing checks
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and financial accounting statements
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Prior experience with debt accounting and multiple entity structures.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, especially QuickBooks
- Previous experience in construction or solar energy is preferred but not required
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner with Company colleagues, investors, and vendors.
- Personal traits include a keen attention to detail, aptitude for numbers, problem solving outlook, and strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organized, flexible, and efficient with ability to multi-task daily and meet deadlines on a routine basis
- Creates trust and respect with staff, team members, vendors and clients, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and thoughtful evaluator with desire to take decisive action
- Microsoft Office Skills, such as Lookup and Pivot Table functions, and proficient in other software (ex. CRMs)
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, two references, and salary requirements.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Hampshire Power is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.